Welcome to the new Question2Answer docs! This is a community-focused initiative to improve the documentation for Q2A. The docs contains information about installing and using Q2A, as well as developing themes/plugins and an API reference.
This site is hosted via GitHub Pages, using the Jekyll static site generator. Everyone is welcome to contribute improvements - see the README for information about setting up Jekyll locally.
Q2A is highly customisable with many awesome features
- Takes 5 minutes (or less!) to install.
- Asking and answering questions (duh!)
- Voting, comments, best answer selection, follow-on and closed questions.
- Complete user management including points-based reputation management.
- Create experts, editors, moderators and admins.
- Fast integrated search engine, plus checking for similar questions when asking.
- Categories (up to 4 levels deep) and/or tagging.
- Easy styling with CSS themes.
- Supports translation into any language.
- Custom sidebar, widgets, pages and links.
- SEO features such as neat URLs, microformats and XML Sitemap.
- RSS, email notifications and personal news feeds.
- User avatars (or Gravatar) and custom fields.
- Private messages and public wall posts.
- Log in via Facebook or others (using (using plugins).
- Out-of-the-box WordPress 3+ integration.
- Custom single sign-on support for other sites.
- PHP/MySQL scalable to millions of users and posts.
- Safe from XSS, CSRF and SQL injection attacks.
- Beat spam with captchas, rate-limiting, moderation and/or flagging.
- Block users, IP addresses, and censor words
Q2A also features an extensive plugin system
- Modify the HTML output for a page with layers.
- Add custom pages to a Q2A site with page modules.
- Add extra content in various places with widget modules.
- Allow login via an external identity provider such as Facebook with login modules.
- Integrate WYSIWYG or other text editors with editor/viewer modules.
- Do something when certain actions take place with event modules.
- Validate and/or modify many types of user input with filter modules.
- Implement a custom search engine with search modules.
- Add extra spam protection with captcha modules.
- Extend many core Q2A functions using function overrides.